The Halsey House was originally constructed c.1910 or earlier as the office of Halsey Lumber. Extensively restored in 2004 & 2005 back to it's more historic look, the restoration painstakingly removed the wainscoting piece by piece and removed years of paint. The kitchen was redesigned and custom fumed oak cabinets were installed along with soapstone from Vermont, a custom, hammered copper range hood from Archive Designs in OR, period tile and restoration glass accent the Arts & Craft style. Windows were pulled and restored to original, baseboards that were missing were cut from single piece heart pine pieces and installed. The original floors show almost no knots: the advantage of a lumber yard owner constructing the building.